Our assisting training program teaches students about both the benefits of touch and the gift of practicing loving-kindness while addressing trauma-informed practices surrounding touch. This course is perfect for anyone wanting to deepen their practice, understand pose alignment, and/or give back to the community through their yoga practice.
The Yoga Seed’s 25 hour Assisting Training uses the physical,
energetic, mental, intuitive, and blissful levels of ourselves to teach
hands-on assisting skills. During this training you will learn to:
- Observe Students, their practice, and find the assist that fits
- Understand the in’s and out’s of the physical poses including proper alignment
- Learn how to keep your students safe during their practice
- Solidify your own body and breath awareness
- Develop Skills for Safe Hands-on Assisting
- Gain diversity awareness
- Understand general anatomy
- Teach modifications for bodies of different shapes, sizes & ability levels
Join us on this journey through the 5 Koshas, or energy bodies, and 50+ poses in two weekends. You will receive a book, and credit toward becoming an assistant at the Yoga Seed.
To find the next workshop, please visit our workshops. This program runs twice a year, once in winter, and once at the end of summer and early fall.